School Councils play a key role in Victorian government schools. The School Council supports the Principal to provide the best possible educational outcomes for students. The role of School Council as outlined in the Education and Training Reform Act 2006 is one of helping to set the long term future for the school and maintaining oversight of the school’s operation. The Principal is responsible for the leadership of the school and acts as the Executive Officer of Council.
School Council responsibilities can include:
- Contributing to the development of the Strategic Plan.
- Approving the annual budget.
- Working with the school to develop, review and update policies.
- Representing the views of the school community.
- Arranging for items needed for the running of the school.
- Raising funds to support school initiatives & programs.
- Making sure the school grounds and buildings are maintained.
- Creating positive interest in the school within the community.
2023 School Council
Our school constituting orders as endorsed by the Minister for Education; Hon Natalie Hutchins MP, state that our Council shall consist of six members comprising of the Principal, one department employee, three parents and one community member.
The role of School Council as outlined in the Education and Training Reform Act 2006 is one of helping to set the long term future for the school and
maintaining an overview of the school’s operation. The Principal is responsible for the management of the school and acts as the Executive Officer of Council.
Any questions can be directed to School Council Secretary; Helen Salmond via the school office on 9368 9800.
2023 School Council Members are:
President: Dhara Parekh
Vice President: Geetanjali Gaba
Treasurer: Jodie Argueta
Principal: Nicole O’Brien
DET Representative: Sadia Toqeer
Community Member: Adrian Gonnella
Member: Rahima Ahmed
Member: Isha Chawla
Member: Ashish Karambelkar
Student Representative: Kisa Naqvi
Student Representative: Ansh Nayak